If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us:
or write to:
Equitable Federal Credit Union
1889 Brittain Road
Akron, OH 44310
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage service companies.
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers/printers, plastic card processors, and government agencies.
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to nonaffiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Equitable Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We will never ask for any personal credit card or financial information via e-mail. We do not share our internal e-mail lists with anyone, and have security in place to ensure that our internal databases are not being accessed.
What Members Can Do to Help
Equitable Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, Social Security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Third Party Sites
In order to provide our members with additional services and resources, Equitable Federal Credit Union has provided links to external “third party” sites. Any third party site you visit by a link from this site is solely the responsibility of he vendor, merchant, or other party providing the site.
Links to third party sites are here for the convenience of site visitors only. The content (including information in the form of text or graphics) of any third party site which visit via a link from this site is solely the responsibility of the provider of that web site. Any business, financial or other transactions or agreements you enter into with a vendor, merchant or other party listed in this site or linked from this site are solely between you and that vendor, merchant or other party.
Although Equitable Federal Credit Union makes a concerted effort to ensure that the information provided by third party sites is reliable and accurate, Equitable Federal Credit Union is not responsible for any such content (or the accuracy thereof) found on any third party site that may be accessed via a link from this site.
Equitable Federal Credit Union hereby disclaims any responsibility for content found on any third party site accessed via a link from this site.Go to main navigation